Sunday, May 15, 2005

Chaos

These last two weeks, I put in 91 hours at work. Tuesday alone was 11.5 hours with no lunch break. The only way I made it through was by thinking about my next paycheck. It should be a nice one, so that's cool. Of course, a big chunk of that is already going towards paying off my medical bills...

Still, I'm looking forward to this next week. I am taking Thursday and Friday off, as well as the following Monday. I'll be driving back home to Idaho on Thursday morning, so I'm excited about that. It's been a good couple years since I've been back there. Why am I going, you may be asking yourself (But likely aren't)? There is, as you may know, a major life-altering event coming up this week. It will go in the journals of history as the day the planets were aligned, and peace was brought upon all the land like a wave of happiness. And it was glorious... This that I speak of, of course, is the releasing of Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith. Tradition says my friend and I are to see the premiere at a certain theater in Spokane, Washington. I will be there. Oh yes... I will be there. And so will he. In fact, I've already purchased tickets online for the Friday night showing (@ 7:00pm). We'll do what we can to see it again that night, and we'll shoot for AT LEAST three viewings that weekend. This is the place we showed up at 5:00am one morning, and waited in line for 8.5 hours JUST to get tickets for Episode 1 a week in advance. We also have a tradition of going to a Quizno's in the mall right next to the theaters. This is actually the first time I ever ate there. Those were the times...

And while I'm talking about movies, I might as well talk about the deep psychological flicks I watched this weekend. The Exorcist III, The Butterfly Effect... and Ernest Goes To Camp.
  • The Exorcist III: Legion - This movie was very disturbing. I've never seen a film more revealing of a killer's behavior. There are a few choice disturbing parts in this film, and it was an odd one to sit through. It really didn't have the feel to the classic first film.
  • The Butterfly Effect - I thought this movie was very intriguing and original. Also a highly disturbing movie, this one I recommend to anyone who's in the mood to get a nice brain-fuck. You find yourself as clueless as the main character (played by Ashton Kutcher), and as the film progresses, things begin to make more and more sense. I really enjoyed this movie and plan to watch it again soon. It also helped me come to a decision... golly, I'd sure like to make sweet love to Amy Smart.
  • Ernest Goes To Camp - It's eerie watching this again after about 17 years. I still crack up during certain parts, but now it seems so.... 80's. Of course, I still love 80's, so it's all good. :)

...I also bought a few other used DVD's at blockbuster, as well as the others that Jennifer ordered online for me. I know, I know... I'm saving money right? Well you can just eat me, you judgemental bastards. Besides, after this week, I think I deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. i thought you're going to save some money, you splurger!

    hey, does that make me a degenerate bastard?

    ReplyDelete