Saturday, April 28, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
- "Runaway" - Jamiroquai
- "Reminiscing" - Little River Band
- "Best In Me" - Blue
- "Spanish Flea" - Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass
- "No More Cloudy Days" - Eagles
- "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi" - Kylie Minogue
- "In The House Of Stone & Light" - Martin Paige
- "Outa-Space" - Billy Preston
- "Big Love (Acoustic/Live)" - Lindsay Buckingham (of Fleetwood Mac)
- "Kissing A Fool" - George Michael
- "Crazy" - Gnarls Barkley
- "The Gambler" - Kenny Rogers
- "Starchild" - Jamiroquai
- "Breaking The Habit" - Linkin Park
- "There's No Getting Over Me" - Ronnie Milsap
- "Never Be Lonely" - .38 Special
- "Kiss Me" - Sixpence None The Richer
- "Mr. Downtown" - Freddy Fredrickson (from 'That Thing You Do!')
- "Hello Little Girl" - The Beatles
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Set aside five minutes in any given day. In these five minutes, you will empty your mind and let go of all your worries.
After you have done this, put on your stereo or handheld device. Turn the volume up loud enough to hear every sound (I recommend headphones). Close your eyes. Take a deep breath.
Play a favorite song.
Play something that reminds you of your childhood. Something that takes you back to a better time. Something that makes you happy. Listen to it in its entirety. (Might I recommend something like Glen Campbell's "Gentle On My Mind"...)
When it's over, take another deep breath and continue about your day.
Try it sometime. You might be surprised...
Jesus looks disturbingly like Kenny Loggins.
After basking in this thought for a minute or so I came to another realization. He also looks eerily like Greg Evigan (the other dad on that 80's sitcom, My Two Dads).
- If Jesus really is living among us as Kenny Loggins, perhaps his hit "Danger Zone", from the film Top Gun, was written about Hell and the eternal penalty of sinning...
"Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity
Highway to the Danger Zone
Gonna take you right into the Danger Zone"
- We all have fathers, whether they are in our lives or not. However, many people of the world consider Jesus to also be their Father... I find it odd that Greg Evigan just happened to play the role of the Second Father in some old sitcom.
Maybe there's much more going on here than we realize...
Friday, April 6, 2007
Mere hours later, here on my Friday's lunch break, I am hit with a sudden unexplainable wave of sadness. It envelops me when the thoughts of my love life shoots through my head. When the idea of a career shoots through right behind it. These thoughts beat me to a bloody pulp every single time I see an attractive woman kissing someone else. Someone often much less deserving than me. This sadness makes me want to pierce my heart with the pen I always carry.
Poetic justice perhaps...
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Sunday, April 1, 2007
- Bar tabs + tips
- Liquor store purchases
- Taxi fare
- Music on the jukebox
This total came to the amount of $566.99. And I didn't include the occasional few bucks I spent on darts, the electronic gaming machines, pull tabs (which I didn't actually play much of anyway), or the fast-food I frequently crave afterwards. Nevertheless, I am glad to finally see this from a more economical point of view. The funny thing is, I actually did make an effort to cut down my bar expenses. But $30 here, $20 there... still adds up more quickly than it seems. And while I do consider most of it to be an investment towards a more fulfilling social life, I am still left with the thoughts of everything I could have done with even half of that money back. It is definitely a wake-up call for myself.
From now on I will be even more conscious about my spending habits. More conscious... and much smarter.
Besides, I have much more important things to invest in...
You reveal the strength I've kept hidden in the depths of my imagination.
Without the thought of you, I would wither into nothingness.
You are everything I always wished I could be, and always wished I could have for myself.
You make me want to live to see another day.
And because of that, I owe you the fucking world.
I promise. Someday I will give it to you...