Sunday, April 8, 2007

Today's Epiphany

Someone left another one of those annoying come-to-Jesus-and-be-saved leaflets near my front door yesterday. As I picked it up and asked myself, "What the fuck is this?", I suddenly had an epiphany. It hit me like lightning to a utility pole. And I can't believe I never really considered it before...

Jesus looks disturbingly like Kenny Loggins.

After basking in this thought for a minute or so I came to another realization. He also looks eerily like Greg Evigan (the other dad on that 80's sitcom, My Two Dads).


Afterthoughts
:
  • If Jesus really is living among us as Kenny Loggins, perhaps his hit "Danger Zone", from the film Top Gun, was written about Hell and the eternal penalty of sinning...

    "Out along the edges
    Always where I burn to be
    The further on the edge
    The hotter the intensity

    Highway to the Danger Zone
    Gonna take you right into the Danger Zone
    "
  • We all have fathers, whether they are in our lives or not. However, many people of the world consider Jesus to also be their Father... I find it odd that Greg Evigan just happened to play the role of the Second Father in some old sitcom.

Maybe there's much more going on here than we realize...

No comments:

Post a Comment