- The Seattle Seahawks won Super Bowl 48! They became World Champions for the first time by crushing the Denver Broncos 43-8! It's been so great for Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, and the Hawks are going into the playoffs this year as well. They've already won their division again and looking to repeat in Super Bowl 49 in a month or so.
- I started a new job at a hospital. Although I got laid off early this year, I was able to find a new job fairly quickly. I ended up signing on to make about 25% more in wages than I previously did, with a much less stressful role in a setting I'm already familiar with. As I write this nine month later, things are still going great.
- We reached a financial goal of $20k+ in our emergency/savings fund.
- I bought my first customized Seahawks jersey. It's a gray jersey with the number 12 and my last name on the back. It rocks! And speaking of jerseys, I also bought the teal Dustin Ackley Mariners jersey I've been wanting for awhile. I was able to wear it to a game in August.
- We bought our first new car; a hybrid. We've been wanting to break into the more-energy-efficient-vehicle world. We purchased a 2014 Prius C, and we absolutely love it! We even plan on getting a second one in the next year or so, and we don't plan on going back to traditional gas vehicles ever again.
- I finally underwent a LASIK procedure, and now I don't have to deal with glasses or contacts any longer. My vision quickly went from shitty/gettingworse to 20/15!
- I dropped a bit of extra weight. For the longest time I've been in the 220-230 pound range. I've changed some eating habits for good, and now I'm steadily in the 205-215 range. Instead of a tight "large", I'm now a comfortable "medium". Now I just need to update my wardrobe, which will be an undertaking in itself.
- I watched the entire James Bond film collection in chronological order, beginning with "Dr. No" and ending with "Skyfall".
- I also watched the entire series of "The X-Files", including both films. I'd always meant to see the series in it's entirety, but hadn't found the time to get around to it.
- I got an Xbox 360. This is my first foray into the world of Microsoft consoles. I picked up a bunch of cheap games at some pawn shops, so those will keep me busy for a long time. Happy gaming to me!
There are already many things on my plate for 2015. I'm prepared for it to be quite a difficult - but productive - journey. I feel ready to continue my progress.
It's time to see just how deep this rabbit hole goes.