Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Boy Who Was Always Wrong

I suppose there's a reason why I'm so quiet; a reason why it's so hard for me to speak up and share my opinions without fear of backlash and vitriol quickly returning my way. There must be a reason why I hesitate to express myself; worrying instead of the counter-points and counter-counter-points I will inevitably have to follow up with. For me, it's never been simple.

For as long as I can remember, there's always been something wrong with the way I think. Not so much to me. To me, my thoughts mostly make sense. But throughout my life, I've always been corrected; told I'm wrong in my thinking for one random reason or another. The flaws in my thinking have always been pointed out to me. And since I'm completely incompetent at articulating and explaining the thoughts in my mind, this results in a frustrating and futile outcome every single time I try to share my opinions with someone.

It's no wonder I'm so fucking quiet. It's no wonder I don't talk much to people anymore or openly share my feelings. What's the fucking point when I'm always wrong anyway?

It's no wonder I've always felt so fucking alone and disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment