Thursday, June 1, 2006

Thought Of The Day

I believe I have recently come to another explanation for certain pieces of my life...

One thing I've learned through experience is that women generally don't like to make decisions. They prefer that the guy make most of the decisions for them. Where to go out, what to order, where to sit, what movie to see, what to do afterwards, etc... Guys, you better have everything planned out in precise detail. If you don't, it's one more way she's going to lose interest in you quickly. Trust me, I know.

After thinking about this problem, I have come to realize exactly why I have struggled with this in the past.

Some people are right-brained. These people tend to be more creative, imaginative and emotional. Others are left-brained, in which case they are more analytical and logical. The rare people who are balanced-brained (as I am) use both sides of their brains equally, which allows them to see things in both logical and imaginative ways. This conflict is exactly what has always made it hard for me to come to decisions in the past. Here is some text from a test I once took that explains this fact:

"The down side to being balanced-brained is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways."


*Final Thought*:

I have now recognized another problem to work on. I will make a point to consciously come to decisions more quickly from now on.

I never would have thought that thinking too much could actually become a problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment