Thursday, September 15, 2005

Optimistic River

I'm a little overdue for somewhat of a positive post. So here are some things I've either really been loving about life recently, or things that I'm very excited about for the [near] future. These are the thoughts that have been flowing through me lately:

  • Next Wednesday, Wayne will be coming over from Montana. I have that Thursday & Friday off (as well as the following Monday) so we can hang out and party a bit. We're going to forget all the shit in our lives and just have the fun we never get to have. On Friday, I'm taking him to see NIN (Nine Inch Nails). NIN is not only our favorite band, but it just so happens Wayne has never been to a concert before. We've always agreed to go see them the next chance we had, and this is it. I bought the tickets the morning they went on sale and I'm not letting him pay me back... it's my treat. I haven't seen NIN before either, so in a way it'll be a first for both of us. It will be unreal. ... As for Wayne himself, he just got a new job he really likes, and he sounds happier than he has been in quite awhile.
  • ...And I haven't told him yet, but I also have plenty of other fun things planned for us to do that weekend. We're going to hit some fun bars on crowded nights, listen to some majorly kickass music, watch some classic films, go get some fantabulicious meals, etc.
  • My new job seems like it's going to be pretty good for me. It'll be a lot of computer work, which I like, VERY close to home, and I can go home for lunch everyday now.
  • First thing Monday morning, before my orientation, I found an abandoned brown kitten in the parking garage. He was crying for someone, so I picked him up and carried him with me into the hospital. An older lady asked me if I was bringing my friend into the hospital for care, and I told her the situation. Just then, a female employee walked in the entrance, who I assume was a nurse. I showed her the scared little purry guy and told her I found him up in the parking garage. I then asked her if she knew where I could take him. She told me she could take him, and that I'd be giving him to an office full of cat lovers. I knew he'd be in good hands, so I handed him to her and he just kept on purring. That made me feel good.
  • Those new cymbals sound awesome! They remind me of Ringo's sound, which is why I got them in the first place. :)
  • My good friend Dian has expressed interest in moving to the United States at some point soon. I'm very excited for her, and hope to help with the process any way I can. It's a tough process for her, but I know she can do it if she really wants to. Maybe she'll even decide on this part of the country and we could start hanging out in real life. Who knows what that could possibly lead to. I'm incredibly anxious to find out. You never know...
  • I'm in a much better spot financially. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty much broke, but now I have my accounts set up the way I want them, with intent to get them going once and for all. As you know, I just started a new job, so it'll take a month or so to get back into saving mode.
  • Laura is now married, and she seems very happy. I don't remember the last time I've seen her so .... at peace with herself. Okay, so I don't usually get to "see" her, I guess I can only "read" her to be happy. But she is, and that's awesome. I'm happy for her (and Kyle)! :) She's been long overdue for some relaxation... especially of the mind.
  • A woman I've casually dated a few times in the previous months has contacted me out of the blue, after a month or so of no communication between us. She wants to start hanging out again and I think it would be really fun. So we'll be going out for drinks later this week.
  • I've been checking out lots of new music lately... new to me, at least. There's so much great stuff out there nowadays. Sometimes I feel guilty when people say "they don't make good music anymore". They do actually. It's out there, it just may not be in the spotlight right now.
  • And on top of everything else... I get the new copy of Premiere in my mailbox, and Charlize is right there looking me in the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment