Sunday, July 24, 2005

We Are

It's funny how certain things will trigger certain feelings. I just finished watching The Butterfly Effect... again. I can't help but feel a tremendous sense of connection with Evan Treborn. Like him, I've often seen the world as something much better outside of my existance. It's as if I have no lifeline. The five-dollar psychic would tell me that I don't belong here, and I was never meant to be.


"One of these things just doesn't belong here."
--- Esthero


Is it always so easy to see the lives of those around you as if you never were? All the pain you've shared with the world, gone in an instant. An alternate version of life in a very possible parallel universe. Does it not give you a complete sense of insignificance? Life - the future of our universe - is determined by the actions of each of us. We all have control over the future, yet none of us do. On a large enough scale, we are individually insignificant.


"If we're all obliterated, the planet won't give a shit. The stars won't give a crap. The moon won't give a crap. The sun won't give a crap. We matter only to ourselves."
--- Dave Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment