Sunday, July 31, 2005

ReVoLuTIoN: Phase 1 ... Complete

On Friday morning at work, I had my performance review. To make a long story short, I gave them my verbal notice and told them I'd have it in writing on Monday. I'm not going to take their shit anymore. I've already applied to a few other places...

Last night, Rain (http://raintribute.com/) was awesome as usual. They played the great expected stuff, and actually mixed it up a bit with some other stuff I've never heard them play. Everything was dead-on. They even played my request of "Strawberry Fields Forever". I completely love that song.

The highlights of the night were probably "Yesterday", which couldn't have been done better by the real McCartney himself (it sounded flawlessly like the album version), "Across The Universe", which was not only surprising to hear, but was also divine, and of course "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", on which George completely nailed the guitar work while singing at the same time. Amazing. That song is actually beginning to join my other Beatles favs. Also, after the encore, John (not THE John obviously) came out in a shower of red and blue lights to sing "Imagine" perfectly, while a Lennon-inspired black-and-white drawing scribbled out on the huge backdrop screen complimenting the lyrics. It was very awesome indeed.

I also received a package from Amazon yesterday. What I got:

  • The Ultimate Vacation Collection (The four Vacation movies in a DVD box-set, one of which is the widescreen version of Vegas Vacation that I've been after.)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2 (the original series)
  • Esthero - We R In Need Of A Musical ReVoLuTIoN! (six-track disc)
  • Esthero - O.G. Bitch (eight-track single)

Today (Sunday), I plan to relax a bit. Work on some computer stuff. Maybe take a nice relaxing bath; haven't done that in a long time. Maybe post a thing or two on ebay. Probably watch The Lion King, which I've still never seen, but borrowed from a co-worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment