Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Over

The concert kicked ass. I was shocked at how normal and down-to-earth Esthero was. It was almost like she had jumped on stage from the crowd and claimed the mic for herself. In between songs, she would light a cigarette, hug a fan or two, down a shot of Jager, talk about how Krispy Kreme doughnuts are like crack, etc. And all the while, her voice was just as amazing as always. Her and the band mixed stuff up a bit and added a little extra latin flare to some of the tracks. A few others were more mellow and down-tempo than usual. It was very cool, and I watched most of it from barely twenty feet from the stage. And I swear that at one point, she even looked right at me for a moment when she was singing "Everyday Is A Holiday (With You)". Yeah, yeah... I know. I sound like a groupie. I guess I kinda am. I'd definitely let her take advantage of me on her tourbus. But anyway, I left that night with an enormous respect for her, not just musically. I can't wait to see her again, though I know the next time I do the venue won't be near as intimate. I would have loved to get some pictures, but I didn't have my camera. And even if I did, the flash is broken. I suck.

My Forth was hardly anything special. I went up to the lake like I usually do to watch the fireworks, but I couldn't stay too long because I had towork the next day. It was so lame for that to be the case because it pretty much ruined the entire mood for me. I think everyone should have the 5th off as well so they can at least enjoy the fireworks into the night without having to stress out about work and shit like that. Just for one night.

For now it's back to work. Back to life. Back to stress. Back to reality. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment