Saturday, June 9, 2007

Inside Wants Out

Inside my head, a neverending rainstorm flows.
Yet my outside skin feels dry as an abandoned desert.

How ironic it seems that I should find myself wishing for the ability to cry. With the exception of two personally devastating deaths, I cannot even remember the last time I was able to. And even in those two instances I could only briefly let any emotion out before quickly sucking it back in. It doesn't mean I don't have feelings, or that I don't feel pain.

I do.

Whenever somebody close to me cries, it breaks my heart. I don't only feel bad because they're sad... I feel bad because I wish I could take their tears away and cry my own instead. But I can't seem to figure out how. Some people can't drive a motorcycle. Others can't play golf... I can't cry. I can't fucking cry at all. I just don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment