Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Pen Is Mightier

By the time I was three years old, I could already write. It's fascinating to me that I still enjoy writing to this day. The most beautiful thing about it is the fact that you don't even have to be a good writer to experience the power of it. You don't have to be a grammatical expert, or a comedian, or a philosopher. All you have to be is true to yourself. No censoring. No holding back. Just record your thoughts and never apologize for them. That is true power.

The greatest thoughts that will flow through our heads are quickly lost because our memories fail to grab ahold of them in time. But if one of those thoughts should visit when you happen to have a pen in hand or a keyboard at your fingertips, it can live forever. It can be shared and pondered over, beginning a chain reaction of other interesting thoughts within those who have been enlightened. Thought... How amazing it can be.

Yet somehow, I still try to convince myself that the beauty of this world is dying.

Perhaps the power of thought is even more powerful than I could ever comprehend...

No comments:

Post a Comment