Saturday, February 25, 2006

Not The Only One

I went out last night to the usual place. And I saw Jessi there again. (See 09/11/05 entry) She didn't have her glasses this time, but I still knew her instantly... Attraction goes beyond tiny physical details like that. She was with a guy I can only assume to be Joe, and we made brief eye contact, from which I had an overwhelming feeling that she didn't remember me at all. To borrow a line from American Beauty, "Oh it's okay, I wouldn't remember me either."

Basically, when I'm attracted to someone, our possible future together blazes through my mind in a lightning storm of lust. Within seconds, I live out every urge and desire with said person. That, I'm sure, explains why I am so frequently let down and disappointed by reality. Honestly, I don't know if I'm the only one who has these experiences, or if it's fairly normal thing. I do have my suspicions though... and they all point to me being nothing more than a dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment