Saturday, October 1, 2005

Friday Night Light

Friday was a night of new beginnings.

A date for eight downtown in tow, it turns out I was dragged to the outskirts instead. Bellevue yes, Seattle... not quite. The four of us ended up in the lounge of a random chinese food place. A lounge that just happened to be hosting karaoke night...

To get right to the point, I was on a good three Bacardi-on-the-rocks plus two "Buttery Nipples" buzz. They ended up pulling me up to sing with them. We first did a horrible but highly entertaining rendition of "The Bad Touch" by Bloodhound Gang. I felt I had to pick up a lot of the slack as far as the lyrics went. And having lost a few brain cells moments earlier, I admit to not standing up to the quality of my typical performances in my car. Nevertheless, it was very interesting. Later in the evening, I found myself even dancing and socializing with the other drunk locals. We even went up and sang "Across The Universe". If you don't know the song, I feel bad for you. Either the John Lennon or Fiona Apple version... take your pick. Do yourself a favor and listen to it right now.

I didn't have to drive at all, so I was able to let loose most of the night. And even better, I didn't have to pay for anything. All drinks were bought for me. :) In the process, it seems as though I may have made three new friends. I have a feeling we'll all be going out again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment