Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Short Takes # 2

More random shit. I've been feeling quite lazy lately as far as sentence structuring is concerned. Can you tell?

  • Looking forward to the upcoming DVD release of Revenge Of The Sith. Can't wait to hear those sabers vibrating through my DTS system. :)
  • In a couple weeks I'll be watching Mr. McCartney in person for the first time. Or, as I like to refer to him, The Paul. It's an unreal feeling to think ahead to this concert. I'm so excited for it.
  • Speaking of concerts, I'll be missing out on the Foo Fighters/Weezer show I'd love to see. :( But I should be able to at least squeeze out tickets to see Fiona Apple late next month. We'll see about that. I had to miss seeing Imogen Heap last week too. I'm bummed...
  • But I've been meeting some cool people from myspace recently. And I'm beginning to get a network of friends going in real life as well. That's something I could really use again for a change. Friends. I've almost forgotten what they're like.
  • Work is slowly ascending. I get my first full paycheck on Friday. And now that I've paid off the majority of my bills (with the last paycheck), I'll be doing much better on the money front. It's about time.
  • I sit next to this slightly older woman who is completely hot and nice. We seem to get along well. But she's a co-worker. I have a rule against going there. And she's married. I have a rule against going there as well. But other than those minor issues, I would SO go there, you know?
  • I am also allowed to listen to music while I work. I cannot begin to describe how refreshing this is to me. I no longer feel like I'm completely wasting my life in persuit of money. At least now I can "kill two birds with one stone" and spend that time listening to music. If I'm going to be there anyway, I might as well be there lost in a song. I also experimented with tuning into my favorite talk-radio station online. So that's another option I have for my workdays. Seriously comedic thought-provoking shows. Now I can listen to BJ Shea (www.bjaday.com) and Tom Leykis (www.blowmeuptom.com) in their entirity. Something I was never able to do in the past. I'm stoked about that. I've learned so much by listening in the past it's not even funny.
  • Having lunch with my Grandma tomorrow @ Golden Phoenix. It's a Chinese place, which I've been really craving lately. I actually put an old german stein on ebay for her this last week. It was my great grandmother's (her mom's) piece that is worth around $500. We'll see how it does. She's selling two of them.
  • And I'm finally making it around to going through some old games I have. Yesterday I broke out the SNES (or 'Super Nintendo Entertainment System', for you less knowledgeable of gamer-lingo). I'll be testing out many of the games on my computer's SNES emulator. If they work fine on here, I may sell a few of the physical cartridges to free up more space and make a buck or two in the process. But it'll be hard letting go of some of those games. I love that system. And those games are basically old friends I haven't visited in years.
  • Doing better in the female department. Met a couple ladies. Been on a few dates. Things are smoother with Jen. Beginning to carve out some casual relationships with this new confidence I recently found under the couch. I've been sharpening and fine-tuning it a lot lately. Sometimes I surprise myself, and it feels good. Really good, in fact. Just call me the journeyman carver. Then again, I just hope I don't end up as an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log.
  • Speaking of artwork, I'm getting more and more serious about carving myself a new body. Or rather, molding the one I have into something nicer. I asked Keely (my roommate) if she would have a problem if I were to put a treadmill in the living room (we have a bit of empty space). She wouldn't have an issue with it, so I may do just that. I could watch the news while I walk a few miles every night. I'm looking forward to putting that plan into action.
  • My dad and I helped another guy basically clear out his basement and knock down a couple walls. The guy is going to turn his whole downstairs into a studio where we can all play every weekend (or whenever). We took my drumset up last weekend and set it all up. I put my real cymbals on and took out the electronic ones... they were cutting out a little anyway. Also, my dad's going to buy me a hi-hat stand so I can use my real hi-hats. I'm excited to pick that up this week in time for Sunday, when we go up there next.

Well that's all I can think of right now. I really need to get to sleep. And I have $20 in the bank until Friday. It sucks. But at least I have you guys to complain about it too...

No comments:

Post a Comment