Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Pawn-Tunes Make Me Float 2

Well, I had my interview on Monday morning. I believe it went very well, and I'm pretty confident the job will be mine if I want it. I may be "jumping the gun" a bit, but I'm already quite relieved.

Today I went to renew my driver's liscense. (Tip: Go to the smallest town around that's big enough to still have a licensing department. There will hardly be a line.) I tried to do it yesterday, but after driving all the way down there, I found that they're closed on Mondays. So today I'm there and I go to pay... no cards accepted! Since I don't usually carry much cash around, I had to leave and find an ATM (which luckily was next door). They only accept cash and checks... who the fuck writes checks anymore anyway? Outside of maybe a rent payment or a money gift in a card, I consider checks to be obsolete in this credit/debit card world. Give it five or so more years, and you probably won't even see much cash anymore. Cards will be the standard currency. Quote me on that if you like...

So after the license thing, I decided to go out to the pawn shop since I haven't been there in quite awhile. I found a copy of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York on DVD that I wanted to pick up - always loved those movies - but since I found so many great CD's to choose from, I put it back this time. Actually, I held off on a number of the CD's I wanted to pick up as well, for money reasons. I'm hoping they'll still be there next time I go.

Anyway, the albums I did grab (in no order):
  • "Tidal" - Fiona Apple
  • "Let's Face It" - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  • "Stunt" - Barenaked Ladies
  • "Pyromania" - Def Leppard
  • "New Beginning" - SWV
  • "Finally Woken" - Jem
  • "Deep Forest" - Deep Forest
  • "Musical Chairs" - Hootie & The Blowfish
  • "Aaliyah" - Aaliyah
  • "Monster" - R.E.M.
  • "Invincible" - Michael Jackson
  • "18" - Moby
  • "Release Some Tension" - SWV
  • "Tanto Tempo" - Bebel Gilberto
  • "Slicker Than Your Average" - Craig David
  • "Seal" - Seal
  • "Fairweather Johnson" - Hootie & The Blowfish
  • "Bringing Down The Horse" - The Wallflowers

2 comments: