Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Farewell

This evening, I went to a get-together with a few of my former co-workers. We all met up at Claim Jumper (http://www.claimjumper.com/home.html). I had never been there, but I was very impressed with it. Not only was the food great, but the portions were nice too. But we're not here to talk about all that...

It was a lot of fun. Sheryl, Kay, Victor, Maggie, and Erica all showed up. Geoff and Amber also did, freshly tan from their enjoyable honeymoon in Mazatlan, Mexico. I ended up having a California Chicken Quesadilla (of course) which was awesome! I also downed four Jack [Daniel's] & Cokes. For some reason, I get the impression that Sheryl (my former clinic supervisor) is interested in going out with me sometime, for drinks or whatever. I find that interesting because I've always considered the idea as well, but obviously never acted on it because of my "no dating co-workers" preference. Needless to say, we're not co-workers anymore. She hugged me as she was leaving and hinted that we should get together again sometime...

So as we all left, Erica gave me this blue foam toy lightsaber that makes all the appropriate buzzings a real lightsaber would. The down side... It looks like I'm swinging around a huge blue dildo. Nevertheless, it's fun to play with. ................. (the lightsaber) . So right now, it's in the trunk of my car.

Later in the night, I played the guitar a bit. I've been working a bit on some different stuff. I can now play Mayer's "Tracing", a few Beatles songs like "Norwegian Wood", etc... the basic chords to "Hotel California", and even part of the acoustic solo to it. I'm getting much better now.

Afterwards, I went out to a bar in the area. Had two more Jack & Cokes. Nobody talked to me as usual, so I played some songs on the jukebox. My selections:
  • "The Wind Cries Mary" - (Jimi Hendrix)
  • "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" - (Metallica)
  • "Humans Being" - (Van Halen)
  • "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" - (Radiohead)
  • ............ yeah, and I don't even remember the other one. I suck.

So here I am; slightly buzzed and realizing it has been too long since I poured myself onto the screen. Oh, and by the way, on Monday I accepted the new job over the phone. Yesterday, I had to drive down near Tacoma to take a drug test and fill out some paperwork. They're just making sure I'm not a crack-addicted terrorist convict or something. I'm hoping the pee turns out clean.

(Tip: When taking a drug test, don't pee right into the face of the lab assistant. They don't like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment