Sunday, November 5, 2006

Mix CD #22

Well it's finally that time again! With all the crap going on lately, not to mention the absence of my computer for two months, it has been some time since I made my last compilation. Since then, I have discovered more great stuff from many different genres. In this time, I have also created a new goal for myself. I am going to read my Rolling Stone Encyclopedia Of Rock & Roll. Front to back. It was given to me a couple months or so ago by a friend down at my favorite bar. (He bought a newer version recently and gave this one to me.) Very cool guy!

So yes, I will read this entire bastard now, 'A' to 'Z'. It just may take me awhile... And I completely look forward to discovering many more obscure artists within it's pages (All 1100-plus of them). So far, I have only made it to the Bell Biv DeVoe entry. So much to read, so much to learn. It's going to be a very interesting journey!

In the meantime, I will be enjoying my new mix. It goes a little something like this:

  • "Real Gone" - Sheryl Crow
  • "Too Hot" - Coolio
  • "Rock With You" - Michael Jackson
  • "Hoes In My Room" - Ludacris & Snoop Dogg
  • "Carolina In My Mind" - James Taylor
  • "Break My Stride" - Matthew Wilder
  • "Just One Of Those Things (Brazilian Girls Remix)" - Blossom Dearie
  • "The Hustle" - Van McCoy
  • "In The Morning" - Kelis
  • "Stormy" - The Classics IV
  • "September" - Earth, Wind & Fire
  • "Sexuality" - K.D. Lang
  • "I Heard A Rumor" - Bananarama
  • "Video" - India Arie
  • "Part Time Lover" - Stevie Wonder
  • "Here We Go (Again)" - Portrait
  • "Everything You Want" - Vertical Horizon
  • "Give It To You" - Jordan Knight
  • "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)" - Marvin Gaye

No comments:

Post a Comment