Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More Random Thoughts

Don't you hate it when you say that you "can't speel anything right tonight"? ... And isn't that pretty ironic? It's like whenever I tell someone, "I can't typ at all tonight". Then I feel like an even bigger dumbshit.

When I go to the grocery store, and I approach the automatic sliding doors, sometimes I gently wave my right hand as if I'm opening them with The Force. Somehow, that makes me feel really special. And when I'm driving behind some car that's pissing me off, I like to wave my hand at that as well to make it change lanes or take the next turn. Those moments when it actually does.... priceless. I'm like, "Okay, I'm ready for my lightsaber now." I know I'm not the only one who does shit like this...

So I was thinking yesterday about my independant tendancies, and I think I made some sense of it. As you probably know by now, I am an only child. No sister. No brother. Just me. And my parents have both worked as long as I can remember. When I was little, they dropped me off at a daycare place during weekdays. This might explain why I was never really that close to them growing up... Also, I was always pretty shy. I remember keeping to myself for the most part at that daycare place (which was called 'Jack And Jill Daycare'). I would interact with the others only when the "teachers" made me get involved. I mostly remember watching Sesame Street and The Smurfs a lot...

Not growing up with a sister, and being so shy, pretty much carved out my eventual outlook of girls as being completely alien to me. And that's exactly what they've been over the years. This, obviously, explains my troubles with understanding women and trying to decipher their 'we-say-we-want-a-nice-guy-but-really-we-don't-because-if-you're-nice-we'll-just-walk-all-over-you-and-find-someone-better' mentality. Fortunately, I've been learning a lot about the female gender lately...


NOTE TO SELF:

Learn to be an unreliable jerk so more women will dig you. ........ Oh, and flash around money.

1 comment:

  1. "When I go to the grocery store, and I approach the automatic sliding doors, sometimes I gently wave my right hand as if I'm opening them with The Force."

    lmao!!! i thought i was the only one....hehe

    and i'll adopt ya....you can be my brotha from anotha mah-tha....we'll do all the brother/sister stuff like blame each other for broken things around the house....we'll pretend to be foreign and use weird accents and have people stare at us....(this works better with me and my brothers cos, ya know, we're brown...lol) we'll always count on each other....watch each other at the bars....drive each other crazy and will always be there for each other....

    kinda like how it is now....

    p.s. only dumb girls go for the jerks with a lot of money....you don't want those kind of girls anyway....she's out there buddy....just keep looking :)

    *hugs*

    ro :)

    ReplyDelete