Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Short Takes # 1

Well nothing too exciting is going on with me right now, so it's time for some random notes on things.... worth noting. Here goes:



* 'Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith' ..... official release date, 05/19/05. I will be in line for this one of course. Maybe I'll get to squeeze in two viewings on premiere night like I did with Episode II. (DVD Set of original trilogy comes out September 19th)



* I finally saw 'Old School' the other night and thought it was hilarious. Will Ferrell is great as always, and tall. Really, really.....tall. And hairy too. He's really tall and hairy...yeah.



* I am seriously considering going to music school somewhere. I've been feeling very inspired lately, and have begun to crave musical expression. More on this as it develops. "Fighting the Frizzies, at 11".



* For unknown reasons, I've also been slightly more confident around women. Having grown up extremely shy, without any sisters, females have always been somewhat alien to me. It's like I'm usually so intimidated and inferiorized by them. Is that a word? Screw it... it is now.



* I almost went to see America last weekend (think "A Horse With No Name" and "Ventura Highway"... great acoustic stuff), but opted out before purchasing tickets. I'd still really like to see them, but the timing was bad. I decided I'd rather spend some time with Jen... (her cat of 20 or so years just died, and she's trying to deal with that). I know exactly what she's going through, because I went through that in 2000. When/if America comes around again, I'll be going with my dad.



* I've been expanding my musical tastes. Among some of the bands/artists I've been making a point to listen to more of....



311

Kenna

Maroon 5

XTC

Bjork

Stevie Wonder

Badfinger

Sting

Steely Dan



(Side Note: 311's "Amber" is a current favorite.)



* John Mayer's new album will be released on November 9th............ possibly. This is the "word on the streets".



* NIN's (Nine Inch Nails) next album, titled 'Bleedthrough', should be out in early 2005. It is Trent [Reznor]'s first studio album in five years, and will have all new material. The very intriguing thing about this is the fact that Dave Grohl, of Foo Fighters and Nirvana fame, has provided all of the drumming for this album! Having always been a fan of Dave's work, and of course Trent's... I'm very excited to hear the new stuff!



(Side Notes: Trent will also be releasing 'Closure' on DVD soon, as well as a reissue of one of my all-time favorite albums, 'The Downward Spiral' in 5.1 Surround! Once again, Trent will take music in a new direction.)



* I will be going to Hawaii for the first time, in February.



* I've been playing more video games than I have in quite some time. It's like reconnecting with an old friend you hardly talk with anymore. I have so much fun getting a good buzz going and losing myself in a good game. And I'm getting excited about some upcoming releases, most notably...



* Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - release date: October 19th. This time, three cities... San Fran, LA & Vegas. This means I will have to make a stop at the liquor store that day, because it's gonna be a party. (It is rumored that NIN's "Head Like A Hole" will be included in the expected mammoth soundtrack).





FINAL THOUGHT



"Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."



---Mitch (Billy Crystal) in 'City Slickers'









1 comment:

  1. Confident around women? What women? Do I count?? lol.

    ReplyDelete