Thursday, October 4, 2007

Training Day

So I was at work today watching an online training video on the functionalities of our new upcoming time-clock system. As the video clips play, they show the instructor's hand working the time-clock unit as she teaches you, step-by-step, how to use its features. So I click on the third video clip and it starts to play. Halfway through, I am distracted and slightly amused by a phone that begins ringing loudly in the background. Nobody answers it of course, because the two people in the room are busy recording a video tutorial segment. Nevertheless, our instructor obviously seems aware of the ringing phone as she's trying to speak. But I figure they're going for a trendy business-live setting, so I don't think much of it. Fine. So onto the next video clip... Halfway through THIS clip, while the instructor is speaking, an announcent goes over the intercom in the background very loudly. I couldn't make out what was said over the intercom, but when it stopped I could clearly hear another voice within the room say, "holy fucking shit."

After giggling to myself for a bit and wondering if I was hearing things, I had to get some of my co-workers to listen to it too. We all giggled about it for a bit before letting our supervisor know.

But yeah, other than that it was just another ordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment