Thursday, August 3, 2006

Lost

I would cry, if only my android brain had the capacity. My life washes over me. It always has. It always will. Wave after wave of frustration pushes me under as I struggle to breathe. Eventually, I am going to drown.

I have always recognized the fact that the problem is in me. Therefore, I am the only one who has the ability to correct it. And I have tried and tried to do just that. But the sea of life knows. It knows what I'm up to and it will never allow that to happen. It will continue to have its way with me until I either give up the fight or am completely drained of the energy to keep myself afloat. Both options result in the same outcome. Somewhere deep down, I refuse to take either of those routes.

I've never felt more alone than I do right now. You might say that I am a castaway of sorts. Yet, I am not surrounded by palm trees and gardens of sand. Instead, I am lost amid a sea of people. People whom I cannot relate to and have nothing in common with. People seemingly alien to me. More simply, I am Waldo. And the only one who can possibly find me...... is me.

So far I have insisted on continuing my search. I search for possibilites. A small plane overhead. Perhaps some material to build a raft. But my scope of vision only reaches out so far. Anything beyond is mere speculation and fantasy.

The outside world hides many beautiful things that I will never see... or hear.... or experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment