Friday, March 6, 2015

The Cog

There's a side of me that proudly claims my space in existance. Here I am, World. Now deal with me. But there's another side of me that is, and always has been, defeated by this same world. I've always been well aware that on a cosmic scale I am nothing. And honestly, I'm okay with that. I really am. I never felt the need to be bigger than myself. I prefer to be just another cog in the machine. Many may hope to be the machine itself, but without the individual parts, the machine as a whole is worthless. Realizing this, every random cog inevitably becomes essential to its overall function. This, I think, is the formula of life as we know it. We all dream of being the machine. But in retrospect, all each of us should do is be the best damn cog we can be. That's the only way our whole world can flourish.

As much as we like to fantasize that we are unique, the bottom line is that we need each other.

Peace is essential.

Am I talking crazy? Probably. But where there is crazy, maybe there can also be hope.

We are so much better than the shit we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment