Thursday, March 19, 2009

Green Eyes

A thought just occurred to me:

Lately I've been feeling the urge to move back to my hometown, Moscow, and put my every "career" effort into helping, growing, and supporting the city's recycling center. I now have the seemingly unrealistic idea of helping to turn the entire city - through recycling and energy conservation, etc - into the nation's first entirely "green" city.

With one college within city limits, and others in surrounding cities, I think I could get many potential supporters - residential and commercial alike - excited for this idea.

The city's resources would be conserved much more. Energy costs would dramatically drop. City-wide "green" education would be fully encouraged and embraced. Waste would be minimized. The levels of inspiration and leadership among surrounding communities would be astounding. And tourism, yes tourism, would be way up, therefore increasing the city's economy ten fold, which would in turn bring steady support to local businesses and schools. These are all positive things for the city.

No matter how outlandish this endeavor may seem, I feel like I owe it to my home; to my country; to everyone who's ever seen something special hidden deep inside of me somewhere. I owe this to myself, to finally stop thinking so much about things and just start acting on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment