Tuesday, December 7, 2004

Frustration Station

Why is it that everything always seems to go wrong simultaneously? It's as if really bad days are written in the journal of the near future. Today it was my car. It has been messed up for weeks... no dome lights, an auto-reseting clock, suddenly losing my radio... that I can get by on temporarily. Tonight on my way home from work, it starts jerking when I change gears. It did the same thing last year, and I had to get it "power flushed". I'm not even too sure what that means, but all I know is I don't have the money for it right now (damn Christmas presents!). So tommorow I am going to skip work and try to get my car worked on. I'll borrow money from my parents if I have to (and then pay them back of course on payday). I just hope it's not too serious, or else I very well might be shopping around for a different one later this month.



Though I was incredibly distraught throughout the evening, things got a bit better when I found out a good friend of mine, Rob, was in town. I hadn't seen him for a few years, so I went to catch up with him and his family. It's still hard to imagine my once closest friend now with a wife and two daughters. Oh and did I mention he's younger than me by about a year?! Things seem to be going well for him which is great of course. We still talked video games passionately like we always did, and it was like a wave of nostalgia crashing over me. It's something I miss. Unfortunately, things are different now. He has family, he has priorities, and we don't live that close to each other anymore. Things change, that's why you should enjoy the good times while they last.



I must admit one thing though... I may not want to have children of my own, but watching his little daughters playing somehow gave me a desire to rethink that for an instant.



Anyway, as you can see I've added my most recent pic here now! I'd prefer to move it to my profile, but I'm having trouble publishing it there. So for awhile, I'll just keep it here. At least now I know how to post images, and I'll be sharing new and/or relevant pics as they apply. :)







*FINAL THOUGHT*



"You live in a box. I could lift the lid... let some light in."

---Sara Deever (in 'Sweet November')







No comments:

Post a Comment