Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ordinary

They say: Ordinary people can do extraordinary things.

I am obviously an ordinary person. Somehow, I feel like there's an extraordinary thing somewhere out there waiting to be done by someone like me. I've felt it my entire life. The problem is, I don't have a clue what it is or where to find it. What I do know is this: Our world is currently broken.

I see the world we should have clearly in my mind. It's one that has no place for things like homelessness or famine. In that world, nobody ever goes without water or food. There's no need for currency... everyone already has equal access to everything. When people get sick, they don't lose their life savings. And they don't feel the need to bring weapons everywhere, because they aren't afraid anymore. Kids don't get hurt at their schools... and teachers show up because they actually care. Religious leaders encourage their followers to embrace others and peacefully co-exist... I could go on and on, but what purpose does it serve? This world is merely a figment of my imagination.

I'm just hoping that someday we will wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment